POETIC ADUMBRATIONS –
Filipino Poetry Strokes…
This blog contains English Contemporary Poems I’ve written over the years, all of which were shaped and inspired by the timeless wisdom I gained from my heritage. These poems are reflections of lessons (and realizations) I learned while “exploring” this ever-changing world…”
Art, for me- is priceless. It is a natural gift bestowed to a person which is something to be shared without any condition –this is just my opinion, of course. Reason being, i believe that there are things that doesn’t come with a tag price-or any equating value. Those things define one’s true meaning of existence. In my case, my art is something that I would share to humanity-properly, freely and wholeheartedly – not as a “means” for self-promotion but as a tool of self–expression.
Poetry-for me, is timeless – it is eternal. The beauty of this art lies on its fluidity, which is something that I can relate in to. I will always look at the art of poetry the same way I look at life; it is always “a work in progress”. – Leofina Jane G. Galleta
If there is one thing that I am proud about being a Filipino, it is my country’s rich literature and arts. The Philippines’ prose and poetry have a unique blend of oriental and ethnic flavors. In addition to such is a kind of romanticism that emanates a strong sense of valor and solidarity. For me, these factors strongly define each regional/ethnical differences that paradoxically binds the Filipino people.
As a result of numerous ethical groups in existence and at the same time, the Philippines’ culture and art strongly depicts the Filipino people’s artful ways and craftsmanship. I’ve seen these features to be evident in many “written words” created by Filipino poets and writers before my time. This realization always engulfs me each time I read stories, poetry, etc., depicting the rich “Filipino blends”, articulated in various creative ways.
I am quite convinced that the heart and soul of the Filipino people were immortalized in the written words as well as in various artistic creations. Through these medium of creative expressions, the Filipino character will forever be framed within the bounds of the past, celebrated through the meanings articulated in the present, and such will serve in the future as reminders of how we have been as people.
I have to say that I always wanted “art” to be seen and felt in any medium of expression I use: in my written songs, in my poems, or in reflective essays I’ve written. I do hope that somehow, over the years, I’ll be able to fully express my art in this manner – like a fusion of some sort…
1. No post, comments, or any content of this blog is allowed to be published, paraphrased or used as reference in any kind/type of publication, or be translated (in whatever form and/or language), without the author‘s permission/consent.
2. No uploaded materials on this blog is allowed to be downloaded by anybody without this written permission/consent by the author.
Share this Post
- What are the meaning of ancient Philippine poetry (wiki.answers.com)
- An Early Christmas Present for Poetry4kids Readers (poetry4kids.com)
- Why is poetry more philosophic than history (wiki.answers.com)
- Poetic Adumbrations- Chapter 1 (ljgalletaenglishpoems.wordpress.com)
- Reflections after Watching “Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa” (slatheredinsunscreen.wordpress.com)
- Filipino culture under spotlight this weekend (sfgate.com)
- What is a Filipino?: A reaction on the question of race (maribetholiver.info)
- Poetry @ Tech Review: Wojahn & Friman (samanthawang1102.wordpress.com)
- On Filipino Philosophy and Gilles Deleuze (aklatpanulat.wordpress.com)
- Guest Post by G.P.A – Spoken Word is not Poetry (alchemyofscrawl.wordpress.com)
- 2011 Filipino Of The Year – The Filipino People! (filipinoscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Poetry @ Tech Review: Wojahn & Friman (samanthawang1101.wordpress.com)
- Quotes About Love (foodstaycation.com)